Feb 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Book To Movie Adaptaions

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by 

For this weeks topic we were asked to pick one we had never done before from previous weeks so today we present to you our top ten:
Best Book To Movie Adaptations



10 - This movie ended up being hit or miss with people.  I actually quite enjoyed it.  I thought the casting was excellent (I LOVED Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace) and although they could have made it better, I wasn't terribly disappointed with it and hope for a bit of improvement if they end up making City of Ashes.


9 - I felt like this movie was a pretty good adaptation especially considering there are 619 pages in the book.  I thought Melanie/Wanda was probably the hardest thing for them to portray but they did really well with it as well.


8 - This is one movie that I actually liked better than the book.  I loved Shane West and Mandy Moore together.  They were fantastic and this movie makes me sob every time I watch it where the book didn't do that for me at all.  


7 - When I saw Safe Haven in the theater it had been many years since I had read the book.  I didn't remember about the twist that was in the story so it was extra rewarding for me.  I loved Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel but really, who doesn't?



6 - This is my favorite of the Narnia books.  I absolutely LOVED the movie.  I thought the casting of Ben Barnes as Prince Caspian was perfection and they did wonderful bringing this book to life.

5 - This was not my favorite of the Twilight movies, but I felt like they did a great job with making them and again, turning a huge book into something that was worth watching even if it did take 2 movies.  I loved the change they made to make the movie into something the book couldn't show.  


4 - This is my favorite of the Harry Potter movies.  I loved how true to the book it was and although they did a good job with most of the movies and trying to keep them true to the books this is my favorite.



3 - This movie was done so well it blew me away!  I felt like the casting was flawless and still when I watch it the 2 hours blows by without you even noticing.  That is a sign of a good movie!



2 - This IS my favorite of the Twilight movies.  They wolves were so cool and the part in Italy was amazing.  This movie actually made me like the book more.  
1 - For me, this is hands down the best movie adaptation of all time.  I could not believe how flawlessly they brought this book to life.  I cried several times while watching and I can't say enough good about this amazing book to movie adaptation.

I am so curious to see what topics everyone else picked for this week so be sure to leave your links below so I can visit and see what you decided to choose as your Top Ten Tuesday!

18 comments:

  1. I really need to watch the movie of The Host. I loved the book, so I'm glad to read that it's a good adaptation. This week my list is about my childhood favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy The Host movie as well. Like I said, pretty good for having to deal with such a huge book! Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  2. ooh great list :)

    I loved the I Capture The Castle film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I have heard of I Capture The Castle. I will have to look into that!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
    2. It's my favourite book ever, well worth a read. And a watch!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Narnia nor have I seen the movie. I keep saving this for someday.

    Here's my Top Ten: Childhood Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't save it for too long.....it is really good! :) Narnia was a favorite for me back in middle school.

      Thanks for Stopping by! Can't wait to hop over to see your list today!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  4. Great list! Catching Fire is my favorite as well, and I liked the Breaking Dawn movies even better than the book..which almost never happens.. :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know we are in good company! I loved Catching Fire so much I wonder if I will ever read the book again. It was just perfection!

      Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see your list as well!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  5. I love watching movies of books. I can't wait to see if Divergent lives up to my hopes. I enjoyed City of Bones, but for those that hadn't read the book I could see it getting confusing. They moved too fast and didn't take time to explain somethings. I completely agree that the first Harry Potter followed the book perfectly! Please check out my TTT! Also I'm a new follower and would love if you'd follow me back!

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I didn't care much for Divergent although I will probably see the movie regardless. Maybe it will help me like the book a bit more. I thank you for the follow and will certainly follow back!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  6. Fun topic. Great list although I'm not sure I loved the movie adaption of The Host. There was just to much left out. Another great movie/book is Warm Bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not it to zombies much and I hadn't read the book and didn't finish the movie because I found it very slow and boring. Guess it's just not my thing. Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  7. I thought Catching Fire was amazing! I completely agree with you on that being one of the best book to movie adapts! I also agree with A Walk to Remember! I really enjoyed that one! I was pretty meh about City of Bones, but it's because I had a hard time with Lily Collins and Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people had a hard time with the City of Bones casting. It worked for me but not for everyone. Sounds like we both love Catching Fire. As the favorite book in the series I was so excited the movie was awesome! Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  8. Ben is truly one of the best parts of that movie. I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw this post and AHHHHHH SHANE WEST!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Shane West so much. I definitely have a thing for him since that movie and that has been a looooooong while :)

      Delete